Roof windows are typically much larger than a simple skylight window. While usually incorporated into the original designs of a home, thanks to our years of experience and work, we can easily add a roof window to your home or window, allowing you to light up spaces that were previously dark. Unlike skylights which are too high to view the landscape out of, roof windows are typically lower on the roof, meaning you can look out them to the horizon or the surrounding landscape. You’ll love how the roof windows from Sparkle Skylights will make your Chicago area home feel larger and better lit.
Top-Hinged Roof Window
Enjoy panoramic views while increasing your energy efficiency and natural ventilation.
Greatly increase the amount of natural light in your rooms.
Convenient bottom operation – the perfect choice for loft conversions with windows in easy reach.
A top hinged roof window is easy to operate even with furniture placed directly under it. And without compromising the easy operation, you can install it lower to get an excellent view both when standing and when seated.
Center-Pivot Roof Window
- GGU roof windows are only available for special order.
- Convenient – even with furniture placed beneath the roof window.
- Easy to open and quick to close with the top control bar.
- Low installation allows for more flexibility and better views.
Ideal for rooms with a high humidity like kitchens and bathrooms but they will fit in nicely in any room because of their modern and contemporary look.
Comes with a top control bar which allows you to pull it once for background ventilation and twice to open the window and can rotate 180 degrees.
Roof Access Roof Window
- Easy roof access for repairs, maintenance, emergency and egress.
- Locking device keeps sash in open position.
- Slim sash and frame appearance.
- Ventilation flap.
- Can be installed as a left hinged or right hinged roof access window
We recommend this roof window if you have to place your roof window in a high position, such as a high knee wall.
CABRIO Roof Window
- Balcony in seconds
- Terrace – a door to the outside
- Top half opens like a traditional roof window
- Add extra daylight, fresh air and direct access to the outdoors with these innovative windows. Choose CABRIO if you’d like to add a balcony to your home or choose a roof terrace window to make use of unused roof space.
Roof Window Accessories
All of our venting skylights are pre-equipped with insect screens, but for the roof windows, we offer optional insect screens that allow you to open the roof window and get fresh air inside without letting the bugs in.
Have all your meals with your family – without any uninvited guests, even with the windows open with a VELUX insect screen. And whenever the screen is not needed, simply roll it up in the aluminum casing. It can be combined with all types of VELUX blinds.
VELUX offers a range of products and accessories with the objective of deterring entrance through the roof window beyond the general safety level. For example, the present range of standard VELUX roof windows can easily be fitted with a safety lock made of steel. You can fit this lock in the frame yourself.
When the safety device is locked, it is not possible to open the sash, but the ventilation function of the window will still work.
For more information and specifications, visit our supplier’s website.